- Additional information
Productivity and reliability at a smart price. – Pure Genius
Impressive print speed and quality, advanced productivity features and unmatched reliability and support make the VersaEXPRESS RF-640 the smart choice for your business.
Equipped with the latest print head technology and GREENGUARD Gold-certified ECO-SOL MAX® 2 inks, the RF-640 delivers vibrant prints at real production speeds of 13 – 18.5m2/hr. and up to a maxiumum of 48.5m2/hr. Save time and work smart with intelligent features like the ability to replace inks on the fly, an iPad app to control common printer functions remotely while you’re in the office, plus the powerful VersaWorks® RIP software. Now that’s pure genius.
Efficient, reliable and affordable, the VersaEXPRESS RF-640 delivers outstanding prints day in and day out. The new Roland Ink Switching System allows you to change out cartridges while the print is still running, saving valuable stop & restart time. The handy new Roland Printer Assist iPad app allows you to control common functions such as test printing and cleaning directly from your iPad. In addition, stay connected through Roland OnSupport printer alerts e-mailed to your computer or mobile device. All this adds up to the smart choice to produce a wide range of applications, including signs and posters, banners, backlit displays, vehicle wraps and much more.
The Industry’s Most Advanced Print Head Technology
The VersaEXPRESS RF-640 is equipped with a gold-plated print head – the most advanced in the industry – to reduce static and enable high quality imaging. Variable dot control produces droplets of seven different sizes for precise, detailed graphics. The result is high-density printing with vibrant colours, excellent photographic reproduction, smooth gradations and superb contrast.
- 64-inch (1625mm) large-format digital printer
- Mirrored CMYKKYMC print head configuration virtually eliminates chromatic banding
- Designed to provide unsurpassed printing performance, even when unattended, in demanding production environments.
- Advanced imaging technology produces vibrant colour graphics with sharp details
- Photorealistic imaging at 1440 dpi resolution
- Seven different droplet sizes reproduce even the most subtle nuances in your design
- Roland Intelligent Pass Control further enhances image quality
- ECO-SOL MAX® 2 ink
- Wider gamut for dynamic colour imaging
- Increased density for rich, saturated colours
- Fast drying for maximum productivity
- Highly scratch resistant and durable outdoors for up to three years
- GREENGUARD Gold Certified for indoor safety
- Roland Printer Assist iPad app allows remote management of common printer functions
- Redesigned, reinforced frame stabilises production for reliable results during long, high-speed runs
- Improved pinch and grit roller systems ensure precise media movement
- Optional media take-up system expedites production
- Adjustable right flange for easy, accurate centering of smaller rolls
- Ability to support roll media up to 50 kg (110 lbs.)
- Automatic cleaning cycles simplify maintenance
- Roland OnSupport sends production updates via text message or email
- VersaWorks RIP Software
- Automates the workflow for easy operation and better productivity
- Advanced colour management tools, including the Roland Color System and six built-in PANTONE® libraries, make spot colour matching easy
- Spot colour replacement feature easily and accurately replaces any spot colour within the design file with another option from any VersaWorks library
- Predictive ink calculator estimates the amount of ink needed for each job so you can plan accordingly
- Included dryer unit supports high-speed, volume production
- Comprehensive Three-Year Extended Warranty
Mirrored Print Head Configuration
To ensure outstanding print quality at faster speeds, the RF-640 features a dual CMYK, mirrored print head (MYCKKCYM) that virtually eliminates banding during bi-directional printing. This configuration allows the printer to deliver rich, vibrant consistent colour, even in the fastest print modes.
Inexpensive to Run, Simple to Maintain
The RF-640’s design allows for low running costs and easy maintenance. Precise inkjet technology and new optimised profiles for ECO-SOL MAX® 2 ink work together to reduce ink consumption up to 20 percent when compared with the RE-640. An automated cleaning function also minimises ink usage, while helping to prolong print head life. As a result, the RF-640 is highly efficient in both production and standby modes.
Roland Printer Assist and Other Convenience Features
Thanks to Roland Printer Assist, you can manage your RF-640 remotely when you’re in the office using an iPad tablet. Free and available for download from the iTunes App Store, the Roland Printer Assist app enables users to manage production, test printing, and even access cleaning functions from virtually any location.
Additional convenience features include front-loading ink cartridges, media-loading levers at the front and back of the printer. For trouble-free unattended printing, there’s Roland OnSupport, which delivers e-mail alerts to your computer or remotely to your smart phone when ink is running low or a job has been completed.
ECO-SOL MAX® 2 Inks
The RF-640 is designed to take full advantage of Roland’s specially formulated, high-density ECO-SOL MAX® 2 eco-solvent inks. These award-winning, GREENGUARD Gold-Certified inks dry quickly and provide unmatched long-term outdoor durability, scratch and chemical resistance, broad uncoated media support and a wide colour gamut. ECO-SOL MAX® 2 produces rich, vibrant colour that adds value and impact to graphics.
GREENGUARD Gold certification provides assurance that ECO-SOL MAX® 2 inks meet some of the world’s most rigorous and comprehensive standards for low emissions of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) into indoor air. In addition to using ECO-SOL MAX® 2 inks, the RF-640 can be equipped with sublimation inks to create a wide array of stunning sublimated graphics.
Deliver Amazing Results More Effectively and Efficiently
The VG is built to make everyday operation easier. It features an attractive, rigid new industrial design that minimises vibrations for optimum printing and cutting performance. Bright LED lighting improves visibility in the printing and maintenance areas, making it easier to review prints in progress and perform routine maintenance tasks. Improved motor and drive systems provide added durability for heavy users. Optional take-up and drying units boost performance during unattended high-volume operation.
VersaWorks® RIP Software
Developed exclusively for Roland inkjet printers, and printer/cutters, VersaWorks® RIP software takes full advantage of the RF-640’s capabilities. VersaWorks includes advanced error diffusion and 16-bit rendering for exceptional production output and unmatched ease-of-use, and is fully compatible with Windows® 7, Vista and XP. Along with features such as variable data printing, embedded ICC support, ink level adjustment tools and advanced cropping, tiling and nesting options; the newest VersaWorks features include the following:
- Predictive Ink Calculator and Alert: For flawless unattended printing, a predictive ink calculator estimates the amount of ink needed for each job. When there is not sufficient ink to complete a job, the RIP notifies the operator prior to printing.
- Spot Color Replacement Tool: Allows an operator to specify Roland colors directly in VersaWorks without the need to spend a great deal of time re-opening the source file to make changes.
- Built-in PANTONE® Spot Color Library: This new library helps streamline the conversion process from PANTONE® to CMYK colors and ensures accurate PANTONE® colour matching