Features at a glance
Versatility in a UV Roll-based Printer
The UCJV150-160 model can produce a wide variety of applications, including labels, decals, vehicle markings, packaging prototypes, etc. UV-LED curing technology enables print service providers to use a wider range of media that may be too sensitive for latex or solvent systems that require heat to fix the ink.
Integrated Cutting Capability
The integrated cut functionality enables volume production of labels, decals, window clings, floor graphics, POP displays, vehicle markings, packaging and prototypes, and more in a single unit. Additionally, the ability to pre-cut before printing prevents common problems such as film separation and other issues related to post-cutting on thin materials.
Instant-dry for Instant Use
UCJV150-160 prints are instantly-cured at even the highest production speeds meaning you can quickly print and immediately move to finished product, unlike other technologies that require slower production to accommodate for dry time or out-gassing. For many jobs, instant-dry, durable, UV printing and cutting can also eliminate the need for additional finishing, so you can reduce time to sale while recognizing additional cost savings.
ID Cut Function in RasterLink6 Plus Software
The UCJV150-160 will ship with updated RasterLink6 plus software that includes an ID Cut function to make printing and cutting easier and faster. Along with registration marks, RasterLink6 plus software will include a bar code on the print. The barcode, read by the crop mark sensor on the UCJV150-160, contains cutting and rotation information allowing the UCJV150-160 to automate the cutting process. This function is particularly useful when running nested print-cut jobs, as the printer continuously reads the data for both single and ganged jobs.
Mimaki Core Technologies
On-board Mimaki Technologies included for exceptional print quality and continued productivity:
- Mimaki Advanced Pass System 4 (MAPS4) – utilizes an advanced algorithm pattern to reduce visible banding.
- Variable Dot Printing (VDP) – uses smaller drops to produce smoother gradations, while larger drops produce uniform solids.
- Waveform Control (WFC) – utilizes finely tuned frequencies for each ink’s specific gravity and viscosity to precisely shape and place individual drops.
- Mimaki Circulation Technology (MCT) – continuously agitates the white inks to prevent settling.
- Nozzle Check Unit (NCU) – monitors nozzle outages and automatically activates a series of recovery functions.
- Nozzle Recovery System (NRS) – automatically assigns operational nozzles when an outage is detected.
- Half Cut (HC) – a proprietary function where the backing sheet can be cut leaving behind a small connecting point that can be easily detached when necessary, ensuring contour cut pieces are easier to handle with less waste.
- Over Cut (OC) – makes a cross cut at the start and end positions so the finished piece has sharp edges with no undercut fragments.
- Continuous (C) – crop marks are automatically and continuously detected for accurate cutting.
- Segment (S) – detects intermediate crop marks in feed direction and enables four-point corrections for each segment for accurate, long-length cutting, even if the image is distorted.
What you can do with the Mimaki UCJV150-160 Cut-and-Print Device
- Point-of-purchase displays
- Exhibition graphics
- Packaging prototypes
- and more…
Mimaki RasterLink6 PLUS is the latest version of the trusted RIP software. Ease of use combined with powerful controls for image quality, color and output. RasterLink6 v5 provides workflow tools designed for production without complication.
- NEW- The 4 layer function and print preview function are part of the RasterLink Tools and are currently only functional with Adobe Illustrator
- NEW- I.D. Cut (IDC)
- NEW- Braille printing
- NEW- PDF transparency
- NEW- Job name search
- PANTONE®+ Coated & Uncoated libraries
- Color replacement via measured colors
- FOTOBA cut mark generation
- Multiple layer print control
- Automated Special Plate Creation
- Full layout control
- Multiple ICC profile test printing
- Compose and arrange jobs
- Powerful Jig and Template tools
- Create and save complex print layouts easily
- Minimize waste and misprints
- 16 bit rendering
- RasterLinkTools Cut & Print Plug-in for Adobe® Illustrator® and CorelDRAW®
- Create Cut Contour lines
- Send files direct from design to RasterLink6
- Full tiling control
- Automatic Update Tool