Features at a glance
- Superior Performance – Produce output quickly with DUAL Print Heads, an extended 9 colour ink set, optional White or Metal ink.
- Superior Media Support – Supports Paper, Canvas, Vinyl and Film stocks, in widths up to 1626mm (64-inch) and thicknesses up to 1mm, in rolls up to 45Kg & 250mm in diameter.
- Superior Colour – 9 cartridge Epson UltraChrome GS3 ink enables prints with high gloss and a colour gamut PANTONE certified at up to 98%****. Can also be configured with additional White or Metallic ink.
- Superior Print Quality – Latest heat-free PrecisionCore Printhead, new UltraChrome GS3 ink, improved MicroWeave & LUT, self-agitating ink lines, improved paper path with upgraded feed management and a new Advanced Auto Tension Control System.
- Superior Integration – Compact design with flexible networking, suits installation in a wide variety of operational environments, runs off a standard 240V power supply, ships complete with Epson Edge Print software and can be driven by variety of a 3rd party applications.
- Simpler & Easier to Use – Can be loaded by a single operator with auto media set-up and skew correction, features a see-through platen cover with integrated lighting, and new Epson Edge Dashboard management software.
- Reduced Maintenance – New Self Cleaning Printhead and Air Circulation system with mist extraction.
- Reduced Production Costs – Uses new low cost 700ml ink cartridges with Reduced Ink & Power Consumption, ships with an Integrated Auto Take-Up and Drying Unit, supports Remote Management, Remote Auto Status & Error Reporting.
- Increased Durability – Features a Strengthened Chassis and a new Printhead Guard, backed by a Comprehensive 1 year Warranty with Optional Cover that can be extended up to a total of FIVE YEARS.
Include with the SureColor range is the all new Edge Print providing a simple and effective tool for production imaging in environments which do not require advanced workflow management. The software was developed by Epson and provides access to the full power inherent in our Large Format Printers. It draws on our advanced LUT tables to ensure precise and predictable colour. It accesses our smallest dot sizing to enable output with ultra-smooth tonal gradation and minimum ink consumption. It uses our Half Tone Modules to enable the widest possible colour gamut on a range of printer models and ink sets.
The software provides all the functionality of a basic to mid-level RIP application without the complexity or cost. It was designed to be quick to learn and easy to use. Unlike a lot of print applications it provides true on-screen visualisation so operators can see what their output will look like including variables such as the input profile, media profile and rendering intent. Image processing can be completed quickly while errors and wastage are minimised.
The software works in conjunction with Epson Edge Dashboard to enable printer and fleet management complete with downloadable media and print profile settings. It supports spot colour replacement and incorporates a raft of features not usually found in a product of its class including auto image nesting, step & repeat, tiling, and hot folder operation. It RIPs images quickly and processes visual adjustments even faster. Each copy will drive up to 4 printers and up to 4 copies can be loaded on a single PC. It incorporates a high performance Adobe Postscript engine with on-line registration and license management that supports PC replacement.